The Remix of Orchid

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

With Your Blessings, Sir

======================================================
Today I visited Shri Rameshwar Thakur, His Excellency Governor of the sate of Orissa and presented my book. It was a kind of formal presentation that gave me a photo opportunity. I don't know how it will shape in the print media, but before that I'll post a photo here to share this with my blog readers. So, let me recapitulate what all he said in praise of the book.

Accepting the book, His Excellency appreciated the creative endeavour of the author, and his sustained effort in bringing out a book despite his busy schedule as a government servant. He also appreciated the overall get-up of the book, its selection of the theme, the quality of printing, and above all, the selection of the picture for the cover page. When the author volunteered that the picture belongs to one Ms Dorothy Gantenbein of US and he would convey her the appreciation of His Excellency, the latter permitted the author to do so.

Further, appreciating the book, His Excellency expressed his satisfaction that Orissa has a developed and competitive printing infrastructure, and good workmanship. At the end, His Excellency wished all the best to the author and encouraged him to come up with more works of literature in the days to come.

Picture quality could have been improved. I'm waiting for a copy of photograph clicked by a professional photographer and I'll post it as soon as received. Until then let me manage with this.
_______________________________________________________
By
A. N. Nanda
Bhubaneswar
22-08-2007
________________________________________________________

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home