The Remix of Orchid

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Peek-a-Boo

_____________________________________________________
For a copy of "The Remix of Orchid", mail to nanda_lit@hotmail.com now.
_____________________________________________________
It's high time I pasted a sample of what I've written in my book, and this will give my blog a tone of authenticity. But, at the same time, it's not easy to select something that would represent the style, theme and context of the book reasonably accurately. What is more, a writer is no reader and what he can best do is just a reasonable guesswork.

That said, I'll now go ahead with my cut n' paste business. Here you are. This is my sample; and this is my guesswork.

======================================================

I retreated to my cabin reflecting everything I witnessed. A night of beauty sleep was waiting for me in my cabin. The anchored ship was stable and cool. The sky had patchy clouds, but the Great Bear constellation was clearly visible through the window of my beautiful cabin. I switched off the lights and allowed darkness to inundate the interior. The cabin haunted me no longer. Solitude could be so delightful! Given choice, I would no longer welcome sleep; I would rather like dream to defer her soporific spell on me. But the nocturnal bliss made her duty-bound. I was soon to snuggle up to her loving care.

‘Which story would you relish tonight,’ she asked me for my choice.

‘Anything sweet’ was my answer. I had completely surrendered myself to her and it was a marvellous feeling to surrender.

‘Then listen to a story of a Nicobari girl. I know you will like it,’ her eyes gleamed with cherubic smile.

I blushed and felt a little curious and asked her how she could come to know that. She smiled again and said she had been watching me for the entire day. She was amused at my timidity, for she had marked me going up to the vivacious Nicobari beauties and retracting so often. She chided me lovingly for my gutlessness and unmanly gestures.

Then she started her story. She was slow and she was sweet. She was rhythmic, and she was poignant. She was warm, exciting, and lively; she was everything that I wanted. Oh, she was life in herself. I was the protagonist and she assumed herself the role of that Nicobari girl. She took me along the farthest she could venture. She showed me everything she had—her glowing buttery skin, her hourglass perfect body, all her hidden beauty spots, all those special spots of must-visit where her skin was the thinnest of thin, where I could feel her warm blood flowing like sylvan rivulets...
_________________________________________________________________
By
A. N. Nanda
Bhubaneswar
25-03-2007
__________________________________________________________________

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home